Friday 14 August 2015

August Break Photo 14: Favourite Smell


This was a hard subject to photograph because I have so many favourite smells! I chose a freshly made coffee because it is an easily photographed smell and I do love an excuse to photograph my food. This latte was made, bought, photographed and drunk at the Barbican Cafe in Central London. I especially liked the criss cross pattern of the tabletop as well.

My other favourite smells include:

  • Rosewater
  • Lavender
  • The side of my husband's neck just below his ear and hairline
  • The smoky woody smell of my parents' flat
  • Melted chocolate
  • Fried onions
  • Roast Chicken
  • The warm soft fur of my cat (when I was a child)
  • The musty smell of books
  • The dusty shelves in libraries
  • My mum's soap (I think it is Lily of the Valley or possibly Jajoba oil)
  • A fresh lime and coke
  • Ice (sounds weird, but ice does have a sort of smell)
  • My avocado and olive oil handcream
  • My Voyage en Mediterranee Mimosa de L`Esterel perfume
  • Pink grapefruit
  • Bonfires in November
  • Fresh grass
  • Soil and plants after it rains
  • Honeysuckle
  • My husband'a aftershave
  • A really ripe mango

No comments:

Post a Comment